As I stretch (I literally am writing this while sitting on the floor stretching), I'm a little worried about- of all things- my tall boots. I'm concerned that the swellings below my knee, where two of my incisions were, will be too much to squash into the top of my left boot. I'm eyeing the boot right now as I fold over the tops of my legs and stretch my hamstrings.
They look like they'll both fit. I hope so anyway. They're really old and on the slouchy side; I think they've dropped low enough to clear that part of my knee anyway...
I'm still watching them. Looking at my knee, looking at my boot. Back to my knee. I should have tried it on a week ago so that I wouldn't be in this position.
I put my iPhone down so that I can stretch down into my heels in Downward Facing Dog. Hips go high and back, heels sink down to the floor. Hamstrings whimper. Stand back up and plié-- remembering that this is how I want to look in the saddle today. Nice and tall, with my heels lined up to my hip. Earlobe, shoulder, hip, heel-- everybody get in line.
I'm trying on these boots.
So far, so good. They fit over my cycling pants. They're dirty! But they fit without pinching. I'm going to try it with breeches.
Meanwhile, I'll critique my pigeon-toed position in this photo-- what was I thinking?! No wonder I have knee pain. Is this how I stand all the time?
In truth, that's not how I stand all the time. I usually stand with slightly better posture and position though I have gotten a little lazy.
Now I have done the "putting on breeches" dance. They're on and they feel great. It's an odd feeling having restrictive clothing over my knee again after so long, but I have full flexion and it doesn't hurt. Now the boots.
Success! The best part: my knees don't have "muffin top" like they did when I first started taking lessons again in January. Hard work is paying off!!
It's time to scarf down some breakfast and hit the road so I get to my lesson early (once I get there, I'll be able to stretch out from the road a little before hopping into the saddle).
Wish me luck!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment