Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pre-Lesson Anxiety is Kicking In

My next lesson is in three days (the big gap is from my work schedule and my trainer taking a deserved vacation).  Since my last lesson I've taken Thunder out a few times to do some easy work.  I've spent more time with horses in general.  I've studied horses and riding.  I've read books and articles, watched video after video (my Facebook followers can attest to that!), practiced at home, trained my muscles, and dreamt about what I'd look like with flawless equitation.  I think I'm ready.

At the very least, I'm ready to try my best.  The part that is keeping me awake at night, however, is the waiting.  I want to ride right now!  I've been walking around with a near-painful smile thinking about this lesson, and I can't wait.  It's almost to the point of walking around in my breeches and boots all the time and straddling the arm of the couch, a la little girls everywhere who are horse-crazy.

Three more sleeps until my next lesson...  Three more sleeps. I've got equitation swimming through my head, and I'm working on getting it to sink in to the rest of my body!


No comments:

Post a Comment