Sir Francis Bacon also said something that speaks to me now more than ever before: "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." At this time, opportunities to learn about horses and riding seem like they are slim, but I've been thinking hard about what I can do rather than what I can't. Reading is always possible. Chores and grooming are possible in small amounts. Watching horses, studying how they move, finding their natural rhythm without a rider-- I can do that, too. In fact, It seems to me that there are actually many more "non-riding" learning opportunities than there are in the saddle; had I not needed to take this break, I may have missed them!
Don't despair when things aren't going your way, readers. Sir Francis and Mr. King think you can do better than that. Don't give up; don't pout; don't get frustrated in taking a different path to get to where you're going! Enjoy your life no matter which way the journey takes you, and be cheered that no matter what you do, as long as you are doing something, you are farther along than you were before.
Very prophetic words~ There is so much to see around us that sometimes we only have our eyes on the goal and not on the road it takes to get there and we miss so much! Keep healing and enjoy your down time".
ReplyDelete